Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Big day in the O-R

Well today Kainoa and Daisy had surgery. Kainoa and Daisy both had adenoids removed. Kainoa had tonsils out too. Daisy had tubes placed in her ears. Daisy of course was crying when she got out. I held her, suctioned out her mouth, and fed her. Then she was smiling and good. She's been more tired throughout the day.

Kaioa is a different story. Driving there he said, "I'm really excited mom! Not the excited when you cry...but the nervous excited like when you're going to preform on American idol." I thought that was well thought out. He was chatty the whole way there. When they gave him the medicine to make him tired...when it started working...he asked..."What's in this stuff?" "Does it change your DNA?" "The chairs look like fish." He came out of surgery like a champ! When we were driving home...he said..."So, what do you think about me not crying?" He is so funny and has always been tough. I remember as a two year old...getting blood drawn...he looked up at t the nurse and said, "thank you!"

He insisted that they keep his tonsils so that he could see them. "hmm" he said. "They look like oval meatballs." Got to love it. I have a picture that I'll add to this post.

Well...he hasn't slept all day...still can't walk five feet without doing a couple of Kart-wheels, has done some head stands...eaten our dinner mixed in a blender...and asked..."tomorrow, can I have a cheeseburger." He keeps wanting pretzels.

So...all has turned out well...let's hope he's not too active and that he causes harm.

Thanks everybody for your love and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Glad they both did well :) Max is doing all of the above next month. How come they didn't take out Daisy's tonsils? I thought that was pretty standard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jodi, that post made me laugh! Kainoa is hilarious! I'm so glad they both came out of it so well (and that Kainoa went into it so well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, glad it went well! That Kainoa is a kick in the pants! What a doll. I hope it makes a difference for both of them! I am to blame for him wanting pretzels I am afraid! At the reunion last weekend I was talking to him about his surgery. I told him that when Gracie had her tonsils out a few years ago they told her ot eat pretzels because the salt would help her to heal faster. Sorry about that!! Not sure if that is still what they recommend or not! Take care.

    ReplyDelete